Thursday, July 19, 2007

I just can't understand some people...

In reading over my break today- I came across a story on www.HPANA.com - a well known Harry Potter site. I was curious about the leaked books yesterday- and if legal action had started. I was schocked to find that 2, yes TWO newspapers had published reviews. These reviews contained spoilers- including how the book ends. You may think that this was some rag of a paper- but it was not, it was the NEW YORK TIMES and the Toronto Star... both very major publications.

If you wish to email- if for not other reason than to flood their servers you can do so at:

Letters@nytimes.com and city@thestar.ca

9 comments:

chelleybutton said...

I heard that too (about NY Times, at least). That's just ridiculous. I thought all the security around the book would prevent something like that! I really, really hope I get the book read before I find anything out!!

Chris G said...

Yes... Lock you doors- log off the computer, don't watch TV, don't read the news paper... just sad really.

hobbitsister said...

why would they do that?

chelleybutton said...

No kidding! I'm worried to go to the book release tomorrow! I'm thinking I should've just ordered from Amazon and received it at home and not have to go anywhere!!!

BusyMommy said...

"A paper exsist to sell itself."

-Rita Skeeter

chelleybutton said...

ooh, do you think Rita was inspired by JKR's own frustrations with the media??

chelleybutton said...

JKR released a statement showing her disappointment with these people, and I completely agree! They (the NY Times, that is) released a counter-statement saying that even if it was printed on Sunday or something, people would still not be finished with the book and could choose rather to read it or not. Still... it was quite selfish of them.

hobbitsister said...

i sent both papers an e-mail strongly voicing my displeasure. about a minute later i received a reply from the ny times saying how much they appreciated my opinion.
yeah, right.

chelleybutton said...

That reminds me of the letter Hardee's sent to Melilot saying they never meant to offend anyone. Again, yeah, right. (But good for you for sending emails! I just complained about them without doing anything)